Garage Storage Solutions We Love •
When it comes to organizing clutter, the garage has got to be the one place in our homes we dread organizing. For some reason, the garage seems to attract all the clutter we don’t know what to do with. If you have a small garage, the task of trying to organize all the stuff can be particularly overwhelming.
Here are 5 quick, cheap, and clever garage organizing ideas we love:
You might think that it’s going to be really expensive to organize your garage – but that doesn’t have to be true. There are many garage organization ideas that will help you clear the clutter in your garage without breaking the bank.
In many homes, the garage is one of the most disorganized places. To many homeowners, organizing their garage is a most tiresome task which they choose to avoid. But just think of it this way, the more organized your garage is, the easier it is for you to have more space for your stuff and it takes less time to find those things you use everyday.
Here are 5 simple steps which you can use to create your own garage organizing system.
– Always sort your garage items. Start with sorting and categorizing all the items in garage. It is a good idea to get your family to help you out. After emptying the garage, you will be able to see how much stuff you have and this will help you to determine how to organize your things in the garage. You can separate all the different kinds of tools from sporting equipment to electric tools into correct categories. You should also sort out things that should be put in the garage from the items that should be put in basement or attic. Remember that it is a good habit to recycle everything that you decide to throw away. You can organize a garage sale for items you do not want, or you can donate them to the Red Cross.
– Sort out the seasonal items and equipment. For your lawn maintenance tools, you should install a special rack for them and keep them accessible as you use them often. Equipment for winter season like snow blowers, ice scrapers, snow shovels and also skis, snowboards and sleds should be stored together. As for summer season items, you should store in another cabinet different from your winter items. Shelves and drawers should be installed to store other sporting equipment.
– Add more shelves and cabinets if required. While organizing the items in the garage, you should consider adding more garage storage space if it helps you to keep your garage tidy. Basically, you need to store those items which you use regularly so that they are easily accessible to you every time you require them. It is advisable to mount the shelves and cabinets on the walls to create more space in the garage.
=> How To FINALLY Have a Clutter-Free Home You Can Be PROUD of
– Create a working area. Some of us will like to have a small workshop in the garage. Having a bench or a table is good enough for your work area. Use a sturdy tool chest and a pegboard to store your tools. Keep them accessible at your work area.
– Place your trash and recycling bins near your garage. This is an excellent idea as you can easily throw away unwanted things that are chalking up the limited storage space in the garage.
When you first start to organize your garage, you will find it tough. Once it is over, you will love it because you can easily find your things in your garage. Start now. Invest in good storage units, cabinets and shelves and start organizing and sorting. You will not regret it.
See 50+ Easy DIY Ways To Get Organized At Home
• See Money Challenge Charts Here •