Overwhelmed DAILY by your cluttered messy house? If waking up to clutter every single day puts you in a stressed out BAD mood each morning, you are NOT alone!
This was happening to me too – so I decided to FIX it…and it was easier than I thought it would be.
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
We put our children to bed with love… we kiss our spouse goodnight with love…we cover our pets in love at bedtime, too… so…
Why don’t we put our HOUSE to bed with the same love and appreciation?
Heck, if you’re like me, we even put our PHONES to bed by putting them on the charger so it’s charged and ready the next day.
Doesn’t your HOME deserve to be “charged and ready” for the next day too?
Don’t YOU deserve it as well?
Yes – YES you DO!
I’ve been known to suffer from insomnia – and it’s not fun.
I’ve figured out that one of the biggest causes of me not sleeping well is stress and anxiety over what I need to do the next day.
Many of those things stressing me out can not be handled UNTIL the next day…
One of the things I CAN handle and control BEFORE I go to bed is the state of my home.
Nothing starts my day off worse than opening my eyes to a fresh new day and the first thing I see is…
(and by the way, this is a BIG reason why I believe you should declutter your BEDROOM first)
Then, I get up – already aggravated just minutes into my day – and I walk into the bathroom…
Where there is MORE mess and MORE clutter.
Let me tell you, my day is off to a VERY bad start at that point.
Can you relate?
Then, off I go to the kitchen…. walking through more mess in the living room and then into the still messy kitchen.
Now, I’m super annoyed and exhausted and overwhelmed – and I haven’t DONE anything yet!
Then one day it hit me…
What IF I did NOT go to bed stressed about the house?
What IF I did NOT wake up to see clutter and mess?
What IF I simply took 10-15 minutes each night to put my home to bed?
And above all…
What IF I only did that for ME?
So I tried it…
and the first few nights, it was hard because I was tired and did NOT want to deal with it.
But I did it anyway…
I took a few minutes and straightened up the kitchen – especially the area around my coffee pot and where I’d make breakfast and where we eat breakfast.
I took another few minutes and did a quick tidy up in the living room.
Then headed to my bedroom and did a quick straighten up in there and a quick wipe down in my bathroom.
Then, after I put my house to bed – I went to bed…
and I slept a lot better.
The best part was:
When I woke up, I was not instantly aggravated by what I saw as soon as I opened my eyes.
And I can’t BEGIN to tell you how much BETTER my morning coffee tastes when I’m NOT surrounded by mess!
It’s crazy how a little simple change can have such a HUGE effect on everything about my day.
I told a friend of mine what I was doing – she thought I was a little nuts at first, but then I saw her eyes light up.
A few weeks later she told me…
I’m putting MY house to bed now, too! And the whole family does their part – it’s been GREAT!
She taught her kids to put their rooms to bed each night.
Her husband puts the living room to bed each night.
And she puts the kitchen to bed.
The best part for her?
“Best of all, not only do I wake up happier, less stressed and in a better mood now, but EVERYONE in the house starts their day that way, too!”
Try it – just for a week, but do it every night for seven days and see if it doesn’t make a difference.
Above all – do it for YOU.
You deserve it.
My House Was a MESS!
And my anxiety was through the roof!
I needed a plan to get it together - it was all pushing me over the edge.
Thing is - we LIVE here... I never had the fantasy that my home would ever look "Pinterest perfect".
I simply wanted more control, less clutter and much less anxiety.
I finally found something that worked for ME.
- My house is now easier to clean - I can now clean it in minutes, instead of hours.
- I can now actually FIND the things I'm looking for.
- I learned some simple decluttering systems that make me much more efficient every day - and I'm more relaxed and less overwhelmed all the time (finally)
- My house now looks pretty darn good almost all the time.
- Best of all - I no longer stress about guests unexpectedly showing up.
This is how I did it.
What To Read Next:
- Cluttered Messy Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Items To Declutter To The Trash TODAY
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- How To Clean an EXTREMELY Cluttered House + Signs of a Problem
- how to clean when you are DROWING in clutter...and too tired to deal with it...
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized