Best DIY Cat URINE Smell Remover – 4 Simple steps to get rid of cat urine smell when your whole house smells like a litterbox. Mix up this homemade remover, soak the stain, let it dry then vacuum it up. Totally neutralizes cat urine smell and pet odors.
Below is one super easy way to get cat pee smell out of clothes, carpet, furniture etc permanently WITHOUT leaving any stains or any odor behind.
This enzyme cat urine smell remover can be used on any surface (carpet, tile, wood floor, clothing, couch, shoes, etc etc) – and it’s very simple to do.
In fact, my neighbor used it to get rid of cat pee from her child’s car seat!
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
The homemade cat pee smell removal enzyme cleaning solution below only takes 3 common household items to make which you probably have in your house right now.
How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out Of Comforters, Carpet, Car Seats, Pillows, Your Car, Towels, Shoes, Blankets, Tile, Rugs, Clothes, Luggage, etc – Even Mattress Stains
First off, bleach and Pine-Sol will NOT work as a DIY enzyme cleaner for cat urine!
- Do NOT use bleach – bleach does NOT get rid of cat pee smell (both cat urine and bleach are ammonia and the cat pee smell will NOT go away)
- What about Pine Sol – will it get rid of car urine smell? No, Pine-Sol will temporarily COVER the cat pee smell but it will not get rid of the cat urine smell for good.
If you use either of those cleaners, cat pee smell will last a long, LONG time. Uric acid is present in cat urine, which is more smelly than dog urine. To break down the enzymes, special cleaning agents are required to get rid of cat pee odors.
Before trying to get rid of the smell, you must first locate the stains before using a DIY enzyme cleaning for cat urine. While the presence of cat pee in the room can be detected by its odor, pinpointing the specific location of cat urine stains is more difficult.
✅ Related: Stain Removal Charts
While the most obvious approach to locate cat pee is to smell it or step in it, this method may not always work if the stains are old and dried. Using a UV black light flashlight as a urine detector is the best approach to find dried pet stains.
UV Black Light, 2-pack UV Handheld Blacklight Flashlights Mini Light Detector for Pets Urine and StainsBlack Light UV Flashlight Mini LED Blacklight Detector for Cat/Dog Urine, Pet Stains and Bed Bugs[Batteries Included]
If you observe any bright spots from cat urine when the room is dark and you’re using a UV black light, mark the area with some sort of a marker so you know exactly where to use the DIY cat pee smell remover (recipe below).
Once you find the source of the cat pee smell, here’s how to remove cat urine smell the easy way that really works.
✅ Related: How To Get Sour Smell Out Of Clothes
Homemade Cat Pee Smell Remover Home Remedy:
Here is the home recipe to make your own DIY enzyme cleaner to get rid of cat pee smell.
Homemade Cat Urine Eliminator Recipe:
16 ounces Hydrogen Peroxide
1 teaspoon Dawn (or any dishwashing liquid)
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
After all 3 ingredients are mixed together, pour onto cat urine stain area and leave it there until completely dry.
If there is a white residue after it dries, don’t worry – it will vacuum right up (or you can brush it away).
That’s all there is to it.
The secret is to totally soak the cat urine stain area completely to remove the cat pee smell AND the pee stain.
As always, test the pet stain remover solution in a small space first to be sure it won’t damage the surface or material you’re trying to get the cat pee smell out of.
More Cleaning Tips
- Cluttered Messy Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Items To Declutter To The Trash TODAY
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- How To Clean an EXTREMELY Cluttered House + Signs of a Problem
- how to clean when you are DROWING in clutter...and too tired to deal with it...
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized