At the top of that list is always the “What’s for dinner?” question – crazy what an amazing amount of stress that “innocent” question can cause in my life.
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
We were recently eating at our favorite local home-cooking restaurant and there was the solution right in front of me!
On the wall, clear as day, was a board divided out by each day of that week with… get this: the menu for each day that week.
If you go there and want to know “what’s for dinner?” – just look at the menu board!
Genius, I tell ya!
That led me to this quest to find some super cute DIY menu planning boards I can make and hang on the wall in my kitchen.
No more, “What’s for dinner?” asked of me… and if they DO ask, I can just point to the board!
I even got the family involved – everyone got to write down their favorite dinners and then everyone gets a chance to pick for their night.
Added benefits of a kitchen weekly menu board: everyone is getting what they want AND this makes grocery shopping SO much easier to plan (which is also SUPER helpful for our family budget).
Between my new family command center and my weekly menu board, I feel like I’ve got it goin’ ON – winner, winner (chicken dinner)!
The menu planning board is super easy to make, too.
How To Make a DIY Meal Planning Board
You only need a few basic things to make a meal planning board to hang on the wall in your kitchen – heck, you might even have these things already IN your house.
Just get a large picture frame that you like to put it in (this type of frame is perfect).
Then you’ll need:
- Some plain ol’ clothespins like these.
- Some bright colored heavy-duty paper like this.
- A good ol’ fashioned glue gun like this one.
- And some great great paint markers like these.
Super easy (and the little pockets holding the spare pieces are just your heavy-duty paper folder and then hot-glued to the board).
Here’s the things used
[content-egg module=Amazon template=list]
Then just get to cutting and labeling and glueing all the items in the way YOU want it to look.
Yep, easy and FUN!
Want some more ideas of weekly menu boards for your kitchen?
More DIY ‘What’s For Dinner’ Meal Planning Board Ideas
- Cluttered Messy Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Items To Declutter To The Trash TODAY
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- How To Clean an EXTREMELY Cluttered House + Signs of a Problem
- how to clean when you are DROWING in clutter...and too tired to deal with it...
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized