How To Clean The Glass Top On Your Stove With 3 Common Household Items –
While I LOVE my black glass top stove, it can be a real pain getting the burn stains, grease and discoloration off so it’s clean, SHINY and streak free.
I tried cleaning my glass cook top with vinegar and I’ve tried the commercial “made for glass cooktop” cleaners, but those things never really worked well for me.
What DOES work to easily (and cheaply) clean my glass stove top is a combination of 3 common household items – even burnt on messes come right off when you clean your glass cooktop with this!
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
I adore my black glass cooktop on my stove, but I do NOT adore keeping it clean!
Things get burnt on the glass and it feels impossible to get off with any random grocery store cleaner OR expensive cleaner.
For light, quick clean ups, I really LOVE this little glass cooktop cleaner wand:
The chemical-free cleaning solution is already in the non-scratch scrubber pad – you just sprinkle some water on your stove top and clean.
When you’re done, rinse off the scrubber tool and use it again later.
Now, that scrubber is great for light jobs.
If your glass stove top is REALLY bad (like MINE was), you can add in this glass cooktop cleaning solution – it really works well and comes with a scraper tool and cloth to help you really get those burnt messes off your glass cook top and makes it shine!
If you’d rather go the DIY homemade route, here’s how to make a really effective cleaning solution for the glass top on your stove with things you already have around the house…
Keep reading and I’ll show you the cheap and EASY way to get it clean!
How To Clean Glass Stove Top
This is my secret cleaning hack to get your glasstop on your stove super clean and shiny…
To clean your glass stove top you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dawn Dish Soap
Yep, those three items used together create a magical and powerful cleaning solution!
Step By Step Directions:
Here’s how to clean your glass cooktop on your stove the easy way:
- Take your Dawn dish soap and squirt some around on your cooktop
- Take your baking powder and sprinkle it generously over the surface of your glass stove top
- With your Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle, spray all over the other 2 ingredients
- Mix it all together to form a “pasty” solution (I use my hands)
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes
- Now, take a gentle scrubber or hot dishcloth and scrub away
- Rinse and clean off cleaning solution
- Dry with paper towels
- Go over with a clean micro-fiber cloth
And your glass stove top looks AMAZING!
Common household hydrogen peroxide works great, but now I use this hydrogen peroxide spray cleaner… and it makes this whole cleaning hack SO much easier.
Best Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner
- Contains 0% Bleach, no harsh chemical residue
- No gloves, masks or protective eyewear needed
- Cleans with the power of hydrogen peroxide
- Dissolves grease & soap scum
- Disinfects & kills 99.9% of viruses & bacteria*
Hydrogen Peroxide is a MAGICAL cleaning solution!
I’ve talked about ALL the things you can clean with hydrogen peroxide here.
Hope that helps!
Daily Upkeep Cleaning
If you want to KEEP your glass (or ceramic) stove top clean and free from burnt on stains, try this 1-minute cleaning tip:
More Cleaning Hacks
Here’s some more simply brilliant cleaning hacks you’ll love:
and STILL have a LIFE.
More Tips & Tricks:
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
- Cluttered Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Clutter Items To Throw Away NOW
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- Easter Tray Decor Ideas – 23 Ways To Decorate Your Tiered Tray For A DIY Spring Centerpiece
-If you love DIY Easter decor like I do, you will LOVE these Easter tray decor ideas for your tiered tray or wooden tray for a cute Springtime centerpiece...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized