How To Clean Black Glasstop On Your Stove With 3 Common Household Items
While I LOVE my black glass cooktop on my stove, it can be a real pain getting clean and SHINY. I tried cleaning my glass cook top with vinegar cleaning tips and tricks and I’ve tried the commercial “made for glass cooktop” cleaners, but those things never really worked well for me. What DOES work to easily (and cheaply) clean my glass stove top is a combination of 3 common household items – even burnt on messes come right off when you clean your glass cooktop with this!
I adore my black glass cooktop on my stove, but I do NOT adore keeping it clean!
Things get burnt on the glass and it feels impossible to get off with any random grocery store cleaner OR expensive cleaner.
For light, quick clean ups, I really LOVE this little glass cooktop cleaner wand:
The chemical-free cleaning solution is already in the non-scratch scrubber pad – you just sprinkle some water on your stove top and clean.
When you’re done, rinse off the scrubber tool and use it again later.
Now, that scrubber is great for light jobs.
If your glass stove top is REALLY bad, you can add in this glass cooktop cleaning solution – it really works well and comes with a scraper tool and cloth to help you really get those burnt messes off your glass cooktop and makes it shine!
Now, if you want to make a really effective cleaning solution for the glass top on your stove with things you already have around the house…
Keep reading and I’ll show you the cheap and EASY way to get it clean!
How To Clean Glass Stove Top
This is my secret cleaning hack to get your glasstop on your stove super clean and shiny…
To clean your glass stove top you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dawn Dish Soap
Yep, those three items used together create a magical and powerful cleaning solution!
Step By Step Directions:
1. Take your Dawn dish soap and squirt some around on your cooktop
2. Take your baking powder and sprinkle it generously over the surface of your glass stove top
3. With your Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle, spray all over the other 2 ingredients
4. Mix it all together to form a “pasty” solution (I use my hands)
5. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes
6. Now, take a gentle scrubber or hot dishcloth and scrub away
7. Rinse and clean off cleaning solution
8. Dry with paper towels
9. Go over with a clean micro-fiber cloth
And your glass stove top looks AMAZING!
Common household hydrogen peroxide works great, but now I use this hydrogen peroxide spray cleaner… and it makes this whole cleaning hack SO much easier.
Lysol Bleach Free Hydrogen Peroxide Multi-Purpose Cleaner Spray, Citrus, 22oz
- Contains 0% Bleach, no harsh chemical residue
- No gloves, masks or protective eyewear needed
- Cleans with the power of hydrogen peroxide
- Dissolves grease & soap scum
- Disinfects & kills 99.9% of viruses & bacteria*
Hydrogen Peroxide is a MAGICAL cleaning solution!
I’ve talked about ALL the things you can clean with hydrogen peroxide here.
Hope that helps!
Love Cleaning Hacks?
and STILL have a LIFE.
- Farmhouse Decor – Clean, Crisp & Organized Farmhouse Decor Ideas For Your Home• 21+ Clutter-Free Farmhouse-Style Decorating Ideas For YOUR Home • Gorgeous farmhouse decor ideas for your kitchen, living room, dining ...
- Craft Room Organization – Unexpected & Creative Ways to Organize Your Craftroom on a BudgetCraft Room Ideas & Clever DIY Organization Hacks For Organizing Your Craft & Sewing Supplies on a Budget – Whether ...
- Busy Mom SOLUTIONS: Home Management Tips for Busy and Over-Worked MomsHome Management 101 For Overwhelmed Moms • We moms are always over worked and OVERWHELMED! So much we need ...
- Declutter and Organize – 4 Tips from Professional Organizers That Prevent Feeling Overwhelmed• Overwhelmed With Clutter? Where To Start? • How to declutter and organize your home when you’re feeling ...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized