Why It’s IMPORTANT To Have a Clean House •
There are many benefits to being clean and organized and having a clean house (especially for your mental health), but there are also these additional clean home benefits that you may not have realized before.
We’ve talked about the psychology of clutter and disorganization before here, but what about the benefits of having a CLEAN and clutter-free house?
There are so many positive effects of cleanliness – here are 6 benefits you may not have thought of.
Why a Clean House is Good For YOU, Mom…
You may not want to admit it, but it’s most likely true that your messy house is STRESSING. YOU. OUT!
Worse yet, you clean one thing and the family is busy trashing another area of your home!
It feels like a never ending battle, doesn’t it?
Trust me, I get it!
But do we moms really have a choice?
Is there help or “hacks” to help us keep our house clean?
I struggled with keeping my house clean and fighting my family for way too long.
There were so many times in the past I wanted to just throw my hands up and scream, “That’s It! I’m NOT cleaning anymore!”
Then one day it hit me…
I always looked at keeping a clean house as something I did for THEM… for my family…
What would happen if I started to learn WHY a clean house is good for ME – and then DO IT for ME?
That was HUGE for me!
Here are 6 wonderful benefits of keeping my house clean for ME:
#1 – Less Guilt
Having a clean home leads to much less guilt about NOT having a clean home.
Let’s be honest – Mom Guilt is a very real thing (whether it’s rational or not).
When our homes are messy, we feel GUILT about the cluttered mess our homes have become.
Taking a few minutes to tidy your home each day can REALLY help with Mom Guilt and feeling overwhelmed by clutter.
As an added benefit, you will have MUCH less guilt about taking time for YOU.
When your house is messy, it can sure take away from the pleasure of taking some You Time and cause serious guilt for doing anything BUT cleaning.
#2 – Healthier Family
When you don’t clean often, those germs tend to gather – meaning: your kids get sick more often and YOU get sick more often.
Taking time to clean those areas where germs breed goes a LONG way towards less sick days for your family AND for YOU.
#3 – Less Stress
If YOU are a cluttered mess, you probably feel as if you’re life is totally out of control.
Learn how to declutter your home and get it together to help reduce the stress in your life.
and STILL have a LIFE.
#4 – Pride
There is NOTHING better than that feeling you get when you look at your clean home. That sense of accomplishment and pride does so much to fuel your spirits each day.
#5 – Less Fear
This reason kind of ties into reason #4 (Pride in your clean home), but do you know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you think about someone unexpectedly stopping your house?
The FEAR of other people seeing your home in that messy disastrous state?
Yep, me too!
That feeling is FEAR (and embarrassment).
Keeping your home neat and tidy totally removes that feeling.
#6 – Productivity
You may think that keeping a clean house will take ALL your time leaving you NO time to do anything else.
That is so far from the truth – it actually makes you MORE productive!
KEEPING your house clean and neat actually frees up your time to do MORE things that you WANT to do –
AND you’ll find yourself WANTING to do more things now that you have less stress, less guilt, no fear – and your kids (and YOU) are not sick all the time.
And my anxiety was through the roof!
I needed a plan to get it together - it was all pushing me over the edge.
Thing is - we LIVE here... I never had the fantasy that my home would ever look "Pinterest perfect".
I simply wanted more control, less clutter and much less anxiety.
I finally found something that worked for ME.
- My house is now easier to clean - I can now clean it in minutes, instead of hours.
- I can now actually FIND the things I'm looking for.
- I learned some simple decluttering systems that make me much more efficient every day - and I'm more relaxed and less overwhelmed all the time (finally)
- My house now looks pretty darn good almost all the time.
- Best of all - I no longer stress about guests unexpectedly showing up.
This is how I did it.
- Overwhelmed By Clutter? Here’s 4 Reasons WHY Your House Is a Cluttered Mess Are You a Cluttered Mess – Borderline Hoarder? It’s Ok… Here’s Help • Truth is, clutter happens to even ...
- How To Clean a Cluttered House FAST From Cluttered Mess To Organized Success The Fast and Easy Way – Ready to finally declutter your home but you ...
- 10 Bullet Journal Cleaning Schedule Layout Ideas I Love Cleaning Schedule Layouts for Your Bullet Journal • One of my favorite and most useful bullet journal ideas is a ...
- Cat Urine Stink? How To Get Rid Of Cat Pee Smell There is one super easy way to get cat urine smell out of clothes, carpet, furniture etc permanently WITHOUT leaving ...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized