Small Foyer Decorating Ideas –
Have a very small foyer or tiny apartment entryway you want to decorate?
We found some gorgeous DIY small foyer decor ideas you’re gonna love… even if you’re decorating on a budget.
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
It can be challenging to decorate a really small foyer or entrance hall, but with some creativity and some of the ideas in the pictures below for inspiration, you are sure to find the perfect decor idea for YOUR small entryway.
If you’re stuck wondering how to decorate your small foyer or entryway, take a look at these gorgeous decorated small foyers below for inspiration.
Small Foyer Ideas
When guests come over to your home, their first impression of your décor begins in the entryway. However, when you have a small foyer, ideas for decorating it can be challenging to come up with. Many people invest a lot of time and money into decorating their homes, but they forget to add some personal touches to the foyer. Decorate your entryway to make your home feel warm and inviting to guests from the minute they walk through the door.
No matter how much space you have in your entrance hall, with a little creativity, you can create a beautiful and inviting space.
Tiny Entryway Decorating Ideas
The most important element of decorating a small entryway is lighting. The right lighting can make a small area feel bigger and brighter. Entryway lights shouldn’t be too bright or overwhelming, so choose something subtle such as a flush-mount fixture or sconces. You can find these light fixtures in beautiful designs to match any home’s décor.
Best advice is to stick with “bright and light” so you don’t make your tiny area feel much smaller.
Even a very small foyer can appear and feel much bigger with creative use of mirrors. I love this idea below of using a really long mirror behind the foyer table. Pretty, isn’t it?
We did a similar decorating idea in our tiny church foyer and it turned out gorgeous! And that small space was NOT easy to decorate!
You should also have a small table in your entryway. The table should be small and fit snugly against the wall so guests won’t trip. Place a beautiful flower arrangement on the table to welcome your guests and keep a small decorative bowl on the table to hold keys, cell phones, or other belongings.
Wall Decor Ideas
Make sure the walls of your small foyer are painted in a fresh, inviting color that compliments the rest of your home. Many home owners overlook the entryway when they begin painting projects, but this is a mistake! You don’t want to welcome a guest inside to see sterile white walls. Make your entryway warm and inviting with a fresh coat of color.
As I mentioned earlier, mirrors are another great decor accessory for small entryways and foyers. Hang a mirror on the wall above the small table, so guests can quickly check their appearance before coming inside. Look for a mirror in a beautiful, ornate frame to add a touch of class and elegance to your home from the moment guests arrive.
Accent Wall Ideas
If you don’t like the idea of hanging a mirror in your foyer, consider creating a gallery of family photos (see all our gallery photo wall ideas here).
You can give your tiny entryway a unique and aesthetic touch by displaying framed photos on a wall. If you have an artistic touch, create an aesthetic accent wall in your small foyer and hang the frames in an unexpected pattern to create an interesting focal point that distracts from the small-ness of your entryway.
VERY Small Foyer?
When you have very small foyer, it’s best to stick to simple and clean entryway decorating ideas-like in the pictures above.
You can still incorporate your favorite decor style, but keep it minimal so the space doesn’t feel even smaller.
I’m a rustic modern farmhouse decor fan so naturally, I really like this picture of a farmhouse-style entryway idea for a small house or small apartment.
But I am a bit biased – I love farmhouse decor.
Entryway Decorating Tips
8 decorating tips for small foyers and tiny entryways:
- As you’ve seen in the pictures above, a unique mirror can dress up your space AND make a small foyer feel bigger.
- If your foyer has the space, consider a mud room concept-a foyer mudroom is not only useful, but very aesthetic, even in tight and narrow entryways if it’s done properly – see more small mudroom ideas here.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint in a soft color – it can make a HUGE difference.
- To make your small foyer warm, cozy and welcoming, incorporate more personal items when decorating.
- Consider some sort of table or bench in your entryway.
- The smaller the foyer, the more minimal your decor should be. A cluttered foyer looks smaller.
- A pretty light fixture can enhance your small foyer and make it feel bigger.
- Have a narrow entry hallway? The best decorating tips are to keep your decor minimal and compact with good lighting-see pictures above.
Of course, no guest should have to take off their shoes and then walk across a cold floor. Make sure your entryway is outfitted with a soft, comfortable area rug. Not only will the rug be cozy for everyone’s feet, but it also adds another element of design into the space. Choose a beautiful area rug that coordinates with your paint color and wall hangings. An area rug will give your entryway the finishing touch to become a warm, welcoming place for guests to enter your home.
When it comes to foyer decorating ideas on a budget, keep these few things in mind to help you decorate your foyer very inexpensively…
You do not need to buy super expensive pieces of furniture!
A cheap (or free) foyer table and a can of spray paint can go a LONG way to making you a cheap and easy foyer table.
One expense I would NOT skip is paint.
A fresh coat of a beautiful color can make all the difference in the world. Then, just pop in to your local thrift store, flea market or local yard sales and you’ll find all you need for your foyer project.
And keep in mind the holidays because you’ll totally want to deck the foyer at Christmas time!
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
- Cluttered Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Clutter Items To Throw Away NOW
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- Easter Tray Decor Ideas – 23 Ways To Decorate Your Tiered Tray For A DIY Spring Centerpiece
-If you love DIY Easter decor like I do, you will LOVE these Easter tray decor ideas for your tiered tray or wooden tray for a cute Springtime centerpiece...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized