No linen closet SOLUTIONS for linen and towel storage without a closet… even in a tiny bathroom…
Most homes and apartments have some sort of linen closet in one of the bathrooms, a hallway, the master bathroom or even in the laundry room.
But, what if YOUR house does not have a linen closet at all?
How do you store your bedding, towels, linens etc without all that precious storage space and shelving that a linen closet offers?
Welcome to Decluttering Your Life - we hope you enjoy our quick decluttering tips, organization ideas and simple DIY solutions for your home - posts may contain ads & affiliate links - that's how we keep the lights on =)
Get 25% Off ALL Printables and Planners with discount code: MOMHACKS
=> See all printables here
No Linen Closet?
Below are some common questions, answers, solutions and ideas for coming up with a linen closet alternative in your home.
It’s amazing to me how many homes do NOT have a linen closet.
While it kinda makes sense for older houses, but a NEW house with no linen closet? Crazy!
I figured out how to deal with a NO PANTRY kitchen, but not having a linen closet forced me to get SUPER creative.
Let’s look at some pictures of solutions and linen storage ideas you can try.
✅ Storage Ideas
- Repurpose an Old Cabinet Into a ‘Fake’ Linen Closet-see picture below
- Super small bathroom? Put a shelf over the bathroom door
- Get a Narrow Space Saver Storage Shelf
- Use the area over your washer and dryer
- Create Wall Storage
- Get Rustic With It
- Get a linen storage chest
- Get Creative With Baskets
- Make Storage Pretty
- Upcycle An Old Dresser Without Drawers
- Make Use of Unused Space
✅ What Can I Use If I Don’t Have a Linen Closet?
Not having a linen closet sure can make linen storage a challenge – especially in a small house with a small bathroom.
Here are some linen and towel storage ideas to use if you don’t have a linen closet…
- No linen closet? Repurpose an old cabinet-see pictures above for ideas.
- Super small space? Put a shelf over bathroom door for more storage.
- Get a 4 cubbie organizer and turn vertically.
- Store towels under the sink.
- Use the area over your washer and dryer.
- Get linen storage bags.
- Use Floating Shelves.
- Get a linen storage chest.
- Use a basket organizer.
- Get an over the toilet cabinet with shelves.
- Put storage containers under your bed
- Get an over the door organizer
Here are some really good options for linen storage when you don’t have a linen closet:
✅ Where Do You Put Towels If You Don’t Have a Linen Closet?
If your bathroom does NOT have a linen closet, there are many other options for storing your towels. This video below shares some great ideas for where to put towels if you do NOT have a linen closet:
✅ My house is REALLY small – where to put towels?
To store linens in a small house without a linen closet consider these types of solutions: over the door organizers, repurposed cabinets, hanging wall storage with baskets, shelving in laundry room, under bed storage containers and fake linen closets.
✅ Can you store linens in the attic?
Linens, including sheets, towels, blankets, comforters, table cloths and place mats, should not be stored in an attic that is not climate controlled.
✅ How Do You Make a FAKE Linen Closet?
You can easily make a FAKE linen closet with these linen storage ideas:
- Create DIY linen storage from cheap plastic shelves
- Get a space-saving corner linen cabinet (see below)
- Get stackable plastic drawers
- Repurpose an old dresser
- Put cabinets over your washer and dryer
- Hang shelves over your bathtub area
- Use wooden crates
- Hang wicker baskets
- Get a cabinet for over your toilet
- Convert an old hutch
I’ve seen many creative linen closet alternatives. Not all are cheap ideas and not all will work with ALL homes and apartments that currently do not have a closet specifically for linen storage.
I do not have a linen closet in my master bathroom so here’s what I did:
I had unused wall space in my master walk-in closet. It was a small area, but it wasn’t being used for anything.
So, I installed about 4 wire shelves on that wall.
Presto! Instant linen closet!
Here are some other linen closet alternatives to consider:
- Build in a storage cabinet at the end of your hallway
- Create a “fake” linen closet area in your laundry room
- Put a small chest of drawers in your bedroom closet
- Put adjustable shelves between your washer and dryer
- Use a glass-doored cabinet to store your bedding and display your quilts
- Use cubbies and/or cabinets in your mudroom storage area
- Use the storage space under your bed your under the bed in your guestroom
Towel Storage Ideas
Here are some pictures of brilliant DIY towel storage solutions you can try. Most of these are cheap ideas so they’re perfect if your trying to maximize storage space on a budget.
This over the toilet idea is borderline genius – it’s just 3 deep wire baskets hung over the wall behind the toilet. Perfect for a small bathroom!
I just love this next idea – and super cheap to do, too!
Just get some old wood crates/boxes, paint them in colors that complement your bathroom decor – then stack them up to store your towels in.
Another linen storage solution is to get a small bathroom storage cart, like this:
I think the rolling storage cart is a brilliant solution for storing towels and other bathroom stuff.
Here are my 4 favorite bathroom storage carts you can use as a linen closet alternative:
Bathroom Linen Cabinets
Here’s another great idea for those in the no linen closet situation –
Getting an inexpensive bathroom linen cabinet can be the perfect solution if you don’t have a linen closet.
Here are 4 of my favorite linen cabinets – some are space-saving cabinets that are perfect for small bathrooms or any nook you have to work with.
Corner Linen Cabinet Ideas
If you have a really small bathroom, getting a CORNER linen CABINET can be a great solution to store your towels without a linen closet.
Here are some corner linen cabinet ideas I love:
More Storage Ideas:
99 Ways To Get SERIOUSLY Organized at Home and Declutter Your LIFE
-from do it yourself organization hacks to the best resources to get started organizing your home... let's get organized!
How To Declutter When You Feel Guilty and VERY Overwhelmed
- do YOU feel guilty throwing things away? You might have Decluttering Guilt - here's what to DO about it...
Dollar Tree Bathroom Storage Ideas For Small Cluttered Bathrooms
- cheap and easy $1 bathroom organization hacks with budget-friendly items from Dollar Tree...
Pantry Organizing Ideas That Work For ANY Odd-Shaped Pantry
- whether you have a deep pantry, weird shaped walk-in, corner pantry or narrow pantry, these pantry organizing ideas will help you figure out how to organize it...
7 Small Bathroom Storage Ideas For Renters on a Budget
- budget-friendly AND renter-friendly bathroom storage ideas and small bathroom organization hacks...
5 Quick and Cheap Garage Organizing Ideas & Storage Hacks
- budget friendly storage ideas and organization hacks to to organize your garage on a budget...
14 Small Closet Hacks For Tiny Closets with Too Much STUFF
- space-saving tiny closet hacks to maximize closet space in your apartment, dorm room or small house...
Clever DIY Storage Solutions For Very Small Spaces in Very Small Houses
- 73 clever storage ideas for small houses with ZERO storage space to get your clutter under control even if you're on a budget...
- Party Finger Food Ideas-Budget Friendly Starters & Apps
- from cheap party food platters to cheap easy appetizers, these party food ideas are perfect for for a low-budget menu...
- Cluttered Kitchen? 15 Kitchen Clutter Items To Throw Away NOW
- 15 things in YOUR kitchen you should throw in the trash right NOW... without guilt...
- Declutter and Organize-99+ Ways To Clean Declutter & Organize Your Home
- declutter and organize your home with these easy DIY tips, tricks and ideas from Decluttering Your Life...
- Easter Tray Decor Ideas – 23 Ways To Decorate Your Tiered Tray For A DIY Spring Centerpiece
-If you love DIY Easter decor like I do, you will LOVE these Easter tray decor ideas for your tiered tray or wooden tray for a cute Springtime centerpiece...
☑ Click To Learn the 5 Simple Words That WILL Make YOU More Organized